How To Sell at Auction doesn’t require you to “know the value” of your item(s). Isn’t that a funny statement?
~”What’s My Collection Worth? Should I Sell It?”
Ripley Auctions is bringing 60 years of combined experience to valuations, and 3 generations of curating skills to highly engaged repeat-buyers is your greatest tool in recognizing top value. Since our 1st live & online auction over 20 years ago, ~ HUNDREDS of auctions and THOUSANDS of items later, the valuations answer has become quite clear: How to Sell at Auction AND get the MOST from it: an inspired audience is a requirement, and we know how to build them.
How We Sell at Auction
~We build events that educated buyers WANT to participate in, and come BACK to, by offering
- In-person, LIVE-online, absentee, and telephone bidding at our Auction Events
- Comprehensive Marketing over a multitude of proven sources which means more eyes on the prize
- A dedicated and talented staff in every facet of what a seller needs to succeed at auction
- A fully insured and bonded entity to handle any size collection under any situation and assuring safety
- Carefully Curated Auction Events that put EACH item in its best light and in front of the best audience for those items
- Extensive Catalogue Representation with attention to detail, provenance, condition and relevant history that enables buyers to bid with confidence
~Our Commitment to Get it Right, and keep getting better at it
- Exposure for your items is key. We are proud to share online auction catalog audiences with the oldest and most recognized auction houses in the world, Sotheby’s and Christie’s among others
- We’re invested in your success. As your Commission paid partner, strategy from curation to hammer price means no stone is left unturned. Our process takes advantage of the full suite of technologies available and on staff experts whose level of excellence and diligence is a top priority.
- Our promise of transparency at every step, you will always have someone to directly contact
- We are FULLY “In House”. Whatever service your consignment may require, we can provide. In house packing specialists/transport, photography, marketing, inventory tracking, event promotions, certified specialists and shipping of purchased items. Ripley Auctions also offers fully licensed Appraisal Services and Conservation. We cover every detail FOR you
From Beginners to Veterans, Seller Relationships are crucial
We take Seller Relationships seriously! Whether you’re new to the auction world or are not yet familiar with Ripley Auctions, a Consignment Review is Step 1. Our Team meets weekly to consider submission requests. Following the review process, you’ll receive an email (or text message if that is your preference) of the results and if accepted, the next steps to proceed. Our Client Services Specialist, Bridgette, will then guide you through the important process of Consignment and be available to you throughout the entire process.
Merchandise we’re actively curating for audience engagement:
- Fine, Costume & Designer jewelry, Bakelite
- Original art, sculptures, drawings, & photographs by recognized artists or those with exceptional execution
- Prints from established artists
- Quality or Rare Silver, Design, and Decorative Objects by known makers
- American Studio/Italian/European Art Glass and Pottery
- Excellent examples of Fine Asian and Ethnographic Art
- Sports Memorabilia
- Pop Culture, vintage collectibles, autographs and historical documents /ephemera
- Iconic Motorsports including Cars/Boats/Cycles and the memorabilia/parts/collectibles that follow them
Merchandise for which we typically do not find quality audience engagement:
- Modern Asian/Ethnographic Art
- Posters and Reproduction Art
- Commercial figurines/ceramics/glass (e.g. Hummell, Lladro)
- Large or Fragile Furniture/General Household items
- Most reproductions of Period Objects
- Large stemware or dinner services not by a major maker
- Commercially/mass produced vintage jewelry
100s of heirs & satisfied clients call Ripley Auctions a trusted partner
If you’ve wondered about selling at auction, be sure you’re working with a commission paid partner to ensure your success. Assistance with selling an estate or knowing how to sell an art collection can quickly become overwhelming. To get the most at auction, your partner needs to be motivated by your success and commission-partnerships facilitate, if not insure, that result.
We are very proud to work with these exceptional organizations
for the purpose of evaluations and assessments at our local level
SPECIALTY AUCTIONS FEATURING:
Jewelry~(Fine, Costume/Bakelite & Designer)
Italian & American Studio Glass
Fine Art including Indiana Art
Sporting Collectibles & Memorabilia
Large Collections or Estates that Command Premier Event Status
We look forward to introducing you to a GREAT Experience by Selling At a Ripley Auction!